The heartbeat of Harmony is Sharing Hope Together. There are many ways we share hope together and one of those is by serving locally. Many people think of missions as taking place in a foreign country or overseas somewhere. The truth is, for every Christ follower, we are to be on mission wherever we are. With that in mind, we make the most of local missions and outreach all year long. Get involved in one of these missions and outreach opportunities.
- Light House Mission Outreach 2nd Wednesday of every month- We go and serve lunch to the residents in the Indianapolis facility. We often get to work close with them and also other organizations. It's a great way of Sharing Hope Together!
- Widows Work Days- A recurring outreach where we serve the widows of our community in small ways that make big impacts on their life.
- Mayberry Days in Danville- This is an opportunity to go and serve with our local community and build relationships and let them see the love of Christ and Harmony.
- The Harmony Classic Car Show- A car show that's open to all and always delivers great giveaways, incredible awards and lots of fun.
- The 4-H Fair- Each summer we take to the Hendricks County Fairgrounds and serve/reach out to our community in multiple ways while we are there.
- Avon Heritage Festival-for 15 years we have served alongside our community in this event. We provide parking and parking attendants, provide transportation to and from our campus to the park and much more. It's a great day for us as we serve and reach out to our community.
- Trunk-or-Treat- Each October we invite people from all over the community to come to our campus for a safe place to have fun. We pass out and receive candy, have a wiener roast, give hayrides, and more.
- Bag Hunger- Annual Thanksgiving food drive. Last year we were able to provide more than 500 meals!
- 25 Days of Christmas- During the 25 days of Christmas, we design 5 ways that outreach and serving opportunities center around the Christmas season. A Harmony Family Christmas, A Food drive, and Breakfast/Lunch with Santa are always on the list.
- Avon Town Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration- Our Worship Team is always featured in this community celebration.
These events and efforts are just a few of the local mission and outreach opportunities to be a part of. We also partner with Sheltering Wings, Food Pantries and more local organizations and the Danville Chamber for the Larry Reynolds Memorial Scholarship. We are connected with our communities and we do all we can to reach them.
If you are interested in serving on our Missions and Outreach team, let us know here.
America has a great need for the hope of Jesus. We partner with many Missionaries and Missions Organizations that focus on reaching the people around us with the hope of Jesus. These organizations focus on people groups and equipping local churches in a very practical way.
- CBMI- is a Missions Organization that comes along side the local church and helps them in the building process. There abilities and efforts make many church projects a reality.
- Prison Ministry- These individuals receive practical and biblical help for their needs. Through free discipleship training and other spiritual materials, these men and women come to know Christ. Currently every woman on Death Row in America receives Larry Lilly's Journal as well as 1000+ incarcerated men and women on a monthly basis. Many are coming to Christ as a result of this ministry.
- Next Generation Ministries is an organization that is reaching the youth in a remote location in the west. In Idaho and other areas, churches and youth ministry are not common place. This great family is making every effort to reach the next generation in this area where it is an extreme need.
- Other mission projects and groups are supported on a regular basis that focus on reaching people right here in America.
International and Cross Cultural Missions provides a unique opportunity for partnerships, mission trips and church planting efforts for Sharing Hope Together. Currently Harmony is actively involved in partnering multiple organizations that focus on reaching people of all ages across the globe.
- We have mission partners on the ground in Romania, India, Mexico, Panama, Thailand, Costa Rica, North Africa, Japan and Haiti.
- Church planting has been a major focus through our partnership with the Liberty Church Network. Through LCN we have planted over 50 Churches across the globe in the past 5 years. We have also been able to assist in planting churches right here in America.
- We partner with other Missionaries and Missions organizations on various projects throughout the year.
National and international Mission Trips are being planned right now
- CBMI- do you like to build, clean, cook or pick up? This trip might be for you. Get more info here.
- Costa Rica- Would you like to go and help in a children's home, assist in VBS or another outreach? More details will be available soon.