The Childcare/Preschool Director is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating a childcare/preschool program for children ages 6 weeks through 6th grade. This includes, but is not limited to, leadership of marketing and advertisement, staff recruitment and training, child enrollment, attendance and tuition collection processes, curriculum development, classroom management, and budget maintenance.
- Maintain a balanced spiritual life through regular attendance and active participation in a Christian faith-based church. Lead and encourage the staff to do the same.
- Recruit, onboard, and lead a team of teachers and support staff in day-to-day activities and routine special events.
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the childcare/preschool and fuels strong enrollment and fosters continued growth.
- Maintain healthy student to staff ratios.
- Establish necessary processes to ensure children are enrolled efficiently, attendance maintained accurately, tuition collected easily, and individual progress tracked regularly.
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, tuition, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the childcare/preschool.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a childcare/preschool program that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian environment.
- Develop and implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly environment is always maintained.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop teachers and support staff ensuring a "continuous learning" culture is developed utilizing online tools and external training.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children's ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in developing an annual budget ensuring needs are met and profitability targets are realized.
- Assure the facility, staff, files and records are kept in accordance with state requirements and the facility and files are ready for random and spontaneous inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CDA credential or Associates/Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience as a leader in a children's education capacity preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with a solid work ethic possessing a passion for working with/teaching children and can function as an administrator.
- Active CPR and First Aid Certification for children and infants required. It is acceptable to receive within 3 months of initial start date.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
Only candidates who meet qualifications and expectations will be considered for interviews.
Submit resume by email to email@example.com.